Anonymization of mobile phone data: algorithm design and impact on applications
CITI Lab, INSA Lyon, Inria – Villeurbanne, France http://www.citi-lab.fr
18-month postdoctoral fellowship
Contacts and supervisors
Marco Fiore firstname.lastname@example.org
More info: http://perso.citi.insa-lyon.fr/mfiore
Razvan Stanica email@example.com
More info: http://perso.citi.insa-lyon.fr/rstanica
EUR 2,300 per month (net)
Applications are invited for one postdoctoral position on technical solutions for privacy-preserving publishing of mobile phone data.
The fellow will work on:
(i) the design of algorithms for the anonymization of datasets of mobile network customer trajectories;
(ii) the implementation of such algorithms in big data processing engines;
(iii) the evaluation of the resulting solutions on production databases provided by network operators.
The work will be carried out in cooperation with CNR-IEIIT, Italy, whose early solutions [1,2] will represent the foundations for the work carried out by the fellow, and with Orange, a major mobile network operator in France, who will provide real-world case studies where to apply the privacy solutions at scale.
 M. Gramaglia, M. Fiore, On the anonymizability of mobile traffic datasets, NetMob 2015, Boston, MA, USA, May 2015
 M. Gramaglia, M. Fiore, Hiding Mobile Traffic Fingerprints with GLOVE, ACM CoNEXT 2015, Heidelberg, Germany, December 2015
What we ask
– A PhD in Computer Science or related field
– Proven past experience in big data processing, preferably with Spark
– A strong publication record in relevant top-tier conferences and journals
– Fluency in written and spoken English.
What we offer
– A unique opportunity to work with massive, fine-grained mobility data
– The possibility to advance the state-of-the-art in the mobile data analytics field
– The prospect to publish at major venues in networking and data mining.
How to apply
– A CV
– A one-page research statement discussing how the candidate’s background fits requirements and topic
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled